Saturday, March 29, 2008

Spring Training 2008

Can you believe it's taken us this long to post our spring training trip?



I hate to use the excuse that we've been busy, because we all are but it seems like both Krissy and I are over-extended right now.

Anyway, as you can see, we had a great trip. Mark mentioned the location of the hotel wasn't ideal but at least the boys didn't ask any questions!

The trip down to Phoenix seems to get easier and easier each year. I have a hunch this corresponds directly to the kids getting older. In one sense it makes me long for the days when I'd pull the van over so Krissy could drag the boys out for spankings.

It was fun to meet up with Mark and see his reaction to his first (of many) spring trainings. The kids came to know and love uncle Mark. Chandler and Sloanie in particular had fun riding in his rental car. I just hope Chandler didn't cause any permanent damage to the car speakers.

The weather was perfect and if you can believe it, the Cubs won both games. This fact alone is reason enough for Mark to make this an annual trip. Apparently Mark will need to take Kellie on a cruise each year for this to become a reality.

We had a blast at Amazing Jakes where the kids were able to go on any of the rides as many times as they wanted while all of us enjoyed the all you can eat buffet.

The trip is always a bit expensive so we did our best to make sure Mark enjoyed himself. If anyone else would like to join us next year, you're more than welcome.

Well, hopefully we'll be posting our Easter pics by the time we have our reunion at the cabin. Hope all is well.

5 comments:

Mark and Kellie said...

Cute pictures with some good memories!! It was a good time and I know others would enjoy it as well. As for my making it an annual trip . . . we'll have to see what the boss thinks about that idea.

P.S. How come I didn't get to witness any of the spankings??

Steve and Kim said...

Great pictures! Sounds like a lot of fun - expect sitting through 2 long baseball games that is. Great family bonding times though!!

Mom G said...

Dad says:
Thanks for sharing the photos, Chris. Maybe I will figure out someday how to put a slideshow on Mom's blog. I enjoyed your commentary as well. Your one comment reminded me of certain times on our long drives to Utah.....

DJ Shanks said...

Great pictures! My favorite was the one of Tevin and Holden in the train car together! I love that!! Don't ever get too cool for that Tevin! I'm sure Holden loved it!
Sounds like we'll see you this weekend! See you soon!

LJ said...

Awesome pictures of an awesome tradition! Long car drives are hard on any family. I remember fighting with Paige and Kim on our trips to Utah! :) I'm sure boys are much different. I loved reading all about it and felt like I was there with the pictures. The kids were cute in their Cubs attire. Hope we can join you next year! Ty's dad is moving to El Paso, Texas and says it is 4 hours from Phoenix. We'll see!