Monday, January 26, 2009

Great to be 8

Yesterday Sloane had a meeting to go to called "Great to be 8" they talk about everything you need to know about being baptised and what achievement days are and they got to see the baptismal font. I wasn't able to attend cause I have been really sick. Sloane came home running into my room all excited. She told me everything about it. She is the youngest one. She will be baptised the first Saturday in December. If the white dress she wore when we got sealed still fits her she wants to wear that dress on her big day. If it doesn't she wants Grandma Feaster to make her a new dress. Anyway, I haven't seen her this excited since her birthday.

6 comments:

Caitlin and Adrian Taylor said...

Oh that's so exciting! It will give her something to look forward to ALL YEAR! She's so cute in primary and she makes sure to wave to me every Sunday! She makes everyone feel special! That's probably why she's so popular! :D
~Caitlin~

Jennw6kids said...

Thats so fun, I wish our ward did something like that!! Monica will get baptised in November, and Im hoping Merissa's dress fits her!!

TisforTonya said...

that's so cool that she's so excited! I was bad and just bought a dress for Haven (even though it's still over a year away)... it was a good price and beautiful - and I'm slightly shopping addicted (hmmm... shocking 'eh?)

Steve and Kim said...

Glad she is excited - there is nothing like the 8th birthday (unless it is the sweet 16)! We hope we will be in Utah then! Sorry you have been sick!
This is Mom G.

LJ said...

Our ward did something just like that for Samantha and gave her the sweetest bookmark and letter explaining baptism. The leaders did such a great job and she's excited for activity days now! I hope we can attend her baptism. She'll look darling in that dress she was sealed in. I'll never forget that special moment. She looked like an angel! I hope you start feeling better. The cold/flu thing is sure going around. Get well soon- it's hard to be sick and be a mommy!

Kamille said...

Hey! I went private and I don't think you have access. If you want to still read mine (which is fine with me) send me an email: saranade70@yahoo.com