Friday, January 23, 2009

We are alive!!!

Well what got me to finally write was this morning I had a message from my dad who lives in California saying he checked my blog but there hasn't been an update so he had to call to see how I was doing. I love getting his phone calls but it did make me feel bad that I haven't written in awhile.

So I am just going to say we had a wonderful holiday season and glad it is over at the same time. A week and a half ago I started potty training Holden and let me tell ya he was so EASY!!! Finally something easy with this child. He pretty much was trained in 3 days. And haven't had any accidents in a week. What a relief to have that over and done with.

Kids are doing well. Wanting summer to come. Tevin in trying to get into a program that will let him start some of his college courses now. We will see if he will get in. Sloane has been having fun going to birthday parties. One last week and 2 this week. She is a popular girl. Chandler and Harrison are having fun hanging out in their room since I cleaned it out and got rid of a bunch of stuff. They love a clean room.

Chris is busy as usual. He has been in Vegas since Wednesday and will be home tonight. I am doing the same old thing. Nothing new with me except I decided to stop being a Stampin Up Demonstrator. Kinda of sad to stop, but I need a break. I also have joined a biggest loser contest at Sloane's school. It is kinda hard weighing in front of a bunch of people, but they all keep you motivated to keep loosing. It has been going on for 2 weeks now and I have lost almost 6 pounds. Today I am not being good. It is raining so I am making cookies and I keep eating the dough. When Chris gets home I need to go to the gym and work out for a couple hours to burn off some of those calories.

Anyway, no much else is going on. I will be better at blogging more often. By the way the Twilight movie comes out to DVD March 22ND but you can pre order it now on Amazon for 22.95 with extra footage etc....woohoo.

7 comments:

Mom G said...

Hoorah for Holden!!! Tell him Gramdma and Grandpa are so proud of him!
Glad to hear how you are doing. We loved visiting you. Can't believe that I am going to Utah again! Hope that baby of Kim's comes soon.

TisforTonya said...

you need to get paid for that Twilight advertisment :)

Good to see an update... not that I can't just call you up, but as long as I'm spending too much time blogging someone else better join in the insanity :)

Rach n Adam said...

I'm glad that you posted a blog! Pretty sad that we live so close by and have to read eachothers blog to see what's going on! I know how wonderful it is to have a kid potty trained! Yeah for Holden! I think that's awesome that you're doing a Biggest Loser contest. I guess there's one going on at the gym right now too. I would have done it but I didn't find out about it until it was too late! Good luck with that!!

Mark and Kellie said...

Great to hear from you guys again. Holden is cute and all, but the video of his birthday was getting a bit stale. We're proud of Tevin for thinking about college already! What a stud. Of course, his brothers are quite the studs in their own ways too. And Sloanie, well she's just one of my favorite people on earth!

LJ said...

Hey Krissy- fun to read the update! COngrats to Holden! Karyssa is loving the potty now too (TOTALLY opposite of Braydon's potty training experience) and I'm so happy to have an easy child too. :) At least Holden gives his mommy a break in one thing... :)

We have to wait until MARCH for the Twilight DVD? That's a long time away. I guess I'll have to catch it in the theatre one more time before then. I've been loving the soundtrack though...

When I make cookies for the kids, I'm HORRIBLE about eating the dough- even though I'm not supposed to even have anything with milk. Especially if it's chocolate. I think it's a hormone and stress thing. So I decided I'd better stop baking so much!

We had to sell our treadmill and bike, so I'll have to figure out some way to start exercising after my surgery... :( Congrats on losing 6 pounds- that's awesome, although you looked GREAT the last time I saw you. You don't have to worry one bit. It's fun to have a contest though!

Give the kids hugs for me. Tevin's a smart kid- I'm sure he'll get in. He seems so old to me now- I'm sure he's excited to get ready for college life. Hopefully we'll see all of you guys soon!

Meg said...

Nice to see an update! I need to join a biggest loser thing to motivate me! :) Congrats on the 6lbs! I can't even begin to contemplate that Tevin is looking at college class stuff! WHAT? Isn't he still like 8 years old? lol! Congrats to Holden! Can't wait for Twilight to come out! Take Care!

Kollen Marchant said...

Glad to see your alive and all is well. Potty training is so overrated. I hope ashdon will be easy too? we will see I've got a bit before I have to think about it but it did cross my mind.