Monday, May 18, 2009

Hmm Birthday

Well today is my 37Th birthday. I may look 37 but I feel a lot older with all the aches and pains that I have. I woke up this morning to text messages wishing me a happy birthday starting at 6:15am. I think my step dad who lives in Wisconsin forgot about the time change. Then all the kids got up and gave me birthday wishes and the first thing Holden said was "where is the cake"
he is so cute. Kids went off to school and Chris took me to lunch at El Pollo Loco one of our new favorite places to eat. Then when I was alone I had to cry for some reason. I don't care that I am 37, I am actually looking forward to being 40. But I got the cry out and then I was good.

Spent the afternoon working on laundry and getting kids from school. Chris is now gone with all 5 kids doing some birthday shopping, picking up Pizza for dinner so I didn't have to cook and picking up a white cake with whip cream frosting on it. So it will be a fun evening. I also rented the movie Taken since I have been dying to see it. Chris reminded me that the season finale of 24 in on tonight, but I told him thank goodness for Tvo cause we can watch that another time. It is my b-day and I want to watch Taken. He laughed and said OK, love ya.

Well Chris and the kids just got home. Thanks for all the happy birthday wishes from everyone.

7 comments:

TisforTonya said...

glad it was a relaxing family day! we'll have to celebrate later with a lunch or Pedi or whatever sounds good to you!

LJ said...

Happy Birthday Krissy!! You sweet thing- I think I will probably cry on my 30th birthday this year! I think all of us women need a good cry every now and then- I know I sure do! Hopefully you'll have lots of laughs and smiles for the rest of the day!

It sounds like you had a fun time at lunch with your sweet hubby and they have some surprises up their sleeves for you.

I've heard Taken is an awesome movie and I know DJ is excited to see it. I hope you enjoy it and get a chance to relax!

And NO- you do NOT look 37! It's hard to believe you have teenagers!

Enjoy your day and know that we love you very much. Hope you got my package okay (finally I know- sorry) and enjoy the lotion. You are awesome!

Paige said...

Happy birthday! Sorry we didn't get to talk to you yesterday! Sounds like Chris did a good job of pampering you and letting you get a break. I hope you know how much we love you! I just love talking to you and wish we lived closer. Natalia hopes you had a very "pink" birthday!

Mark and Kellie said...

Kellie and I saw "Taken" on a date and thought it was very exciting -- a bit brutal -- but exciting. Enjoy! Hope it was a wonderful birthday.

Paige said...

From MOM GIBSON - We love you so much, Krissy. What would our family be without you? We appreciate you and hope that you have a wonderful year.

Steve and Kim said...

Sorry I'm so behind. Life should slow down for me now. Anyway, we thought about you on your birthday! Your cute picture is on our family calendar. Sounds like it was a good day. It's nice to be pampered every now and again!

DJ Shanks said...

Surprise, surprise...I'm the most delayed!! I hope you had a great day! I wish we lived closer--I miss out on the day to day happenings with you guys! The cruise looked very fun and I know it was well deserved! By the way, I'd be a lot better at birthdays if they were all in the summer. Okay, probably not!! It's not my strong point! Love you and enjoy 37! I'll join you all too soon!!!