Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sadness

I just wanted to let everyone know that I wont be posting that much for the next few weeks. On Saturday of last week all of my family was told that my grandfather has only a week left to live. We have had family from out of state come and say their goodbyes before he passes. I went yesterday to the airport in Vegas to pick up my mom (this is her father). My emotions are a mess and I spend all my free time with this man who is my HERO!!! I moved to Utah 19 years ago and lived with my grandparents for a year. I have always been there for them and them for me and my family. My grandpa is a wonderful man and I wish he didn't have to leave this life but I know he is going somewhere wonderful. All my children are heart broken, but Sloane and Holden especially. These are their great grandparents and they have been the only ones that live close to us and it hurts to see their pain. Today the nurse gave him about 2 more days. We will have a funeral here but will be berried up in Northern Utah.

Also on Saturday Chandler had a bike accident and broke 3 of his front teeth. I will post pictures later but he is doing OK. Went to the dentist today, but they need more time to heal cause he is still in pain before they start fixing them to look nice again. We go back next weekend unless a funeral takes place.

Just wanted to give you a heads up so don't think we have fallen off the face of the earth.

4 comments:

Steve and Kim said...

Krissy, so sad to hear your news. It probably is nice to be able to say your goodbyes though. We'll be praying for you.

Mom G said...

Krissy, we know that there will be both grief and joy as this great man passes. He has lived a good life and been such a help to you and all your family. Please let us know when it happens. We love you.

LJ said...

Krissy, I am so sorry about your grandfather. He is such a sweet man and I am happy I had the pleasure of meeting him a few times. I know right now is a very tough, emotional time. I don't know how you stay so strong with all of the stress you have going on. When I read this post I had tears in my eyes- especially with the Amazing song playing in the background. I am so sorry about the sadness of this time. Times like these are such a significant reminder to me of how special and wonderful the gift of an eternal family is. The beautiful thing is that your family will see him again- and then it will be eternal. All my love to you and Chris and the kids...

Mark and Kellie said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Glad I got to meet your grandfather too. Give the kids hugs from us.