Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Parents

Krissy: Well, about a week ago our new roberts opened and some friends are I got there at 6am to be the first ones there and get some of their prizes. Chris thought we were nuts but it was fun. If was almost like black friday. I got a lot of good deals and won a couple of prizes. Yesterday Chris, Sloane, Holden and I went to Vegas and ate at Treasure Island and then went shopping for a video camera. We found one we like and have had a blast recording the kids. I am busy with being the Treasurer at Pineview middle school and room parent at Sloanes school as well as doing 2 scrapbook clubs. Sometimes I think I need to cut back on a few things but I love to stay busy. I have another goal and that is to make afgans for all the kids. Chandlers is first and it is like a basket weave in black camaflodge. Everyone knows that I am not a reader, but I have to say I am loving the Twight books. And I just found out that there are 2 more coming WOOHOO. Anything to get me reading...lol. I have some pictures I will upload and probably put on tomorrow. Chris has taken all he can of Holden for the night. I will have to update everyone on Chris next post.

2 comments:

Mom G said...

Sounds like you are incredibly involved with so many things. It is good though because your children will know that you care enough to help with their activities. Glad that you have some things just for yourself though! I am wondering if you are trying to get all the afgans done by Christmas. What an undertaking but they will be loved and appreciated.
Hey, I just finished Twilight!!! We are doing it for our bookclub next month. I couldn't put it down either. But at the end, I just was speeding to see what was going to happen. I should have realized there was not going to be a conclusion since it is a trilogy! I read the teaser for the next book and want to find out what on earth can happen next. It is a clean book and I can see why teenagers are also reading it. I do think it is a little long!! But she does get those characters developed. Do you mean that there are two more books besides the trilogy? Wow!
The book we read for Sept was called The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls and it was excellent! Makes you appreciate having an even halfway normal upbringing. See if you can get a copy - I bought one used on Amazon. I know you would like it.

LJ said...

I have heard about the Twilight series and how amazing it is. I'll have to start reading it. Too bad I never have time to read these days...

Vegas sounded fun! I wish we lived that close. It's great that you are juggling everything you're involved in. The kids will really appreciate that.