Thursday, March 5, 2009

New Calling

Well I am no longer the Ward Activities leader. I was only in it for a year and I wanted to do it for 2 cause I had that many ideas, such as Tale gate party, Easter Egg hunt and a brunch, peeps show etc...That is if the Bishop would of approved it. Oh well maybe I can pass my ideas on the the next leaders.

But my new calling is Achievement Day leader for the 10 & 11 year old. We meet twice a week and I am looking forward to it. We met as a group with the 8 & 9 year old on Tuesday and played get to know you games. There were about 18 girls there I think. It was pretty overwhelming. I can see why they wanted to split the group. Our next meeting will be at my house. I have a great partner to do it with. Her name is Ellen and she is a blast. I am excited to work with her.

Harrison got his stitch out of his toe and the infection seems to be gone. It looks really good. He only had to take 2 pain pills this last week. If it were me I probably would have taken more. I am a wimp.

We are looking forward to my cousin Caleb coming home from his mission tomorrow. We are going to St. George airport tomorrow to greet him. All the kids can't wait to see him. I think it will be really good for the twins especially since they are 4 years away from going on one themselves.

Ta ta for now.

6 comments:

TisforTonya said...

I'll do a peep show on my blog later if it will make you feel better :) It sounds like fun anyway!!! (and I don't need bishopric approval for that!)

You're going to do such a great job with the girls!

Mom G said...

Krissy, I have always wanted that calling! I think it would be so much fun to work with that age group. They always are so eager to do anything. Maybe I am too old now. Kim was recently called to the same thing!

Steve and Kim said...

Hey - we need to swap ideas! I have yet to hold a meeting (I used the baby as an excuse) - but will start this week!

Mark and Kellie said...

They are going to LOVE you! You will have so many fun ideas for them. I can't believe how many girls you have there. Our entire Activity Days group is four -- on a good week.

Paige said...

18 girls!? Wow! I think we only have about 5, if that. You will be great at that calling!

LJ said...

You'll do an awesome job with the young girls because YOU are a blast, Krissy! I am just barely learning about Activity Days because Samantha has just started, but it looks like she will love it. I'm glad Harrison's feeling better- he's brave. I'm also a wimp and have to have my pain pills! :) Have a great weekend!