Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Silver Cloud

I hate the saying "When it rains it pours" but that is what has been going on at our house. Tuesday I took Sloane to the doctor about a growth on her foot. We were referred to a cancer doctor and was told she was going to have to have surgery and have the lump removed and then have a biopsy on it. Well today was the day we were told the surgery was to happen. So we prepared ourselves for the worst. When the doctor came in he looked at Sloane's foot and said we didn't need to do surgery and told me she has a skin condition. But to make sure he called in the other 2 doctors as well. All 3 agreed no surgery needed to be done and what she has is a condition called Granuloma Annulare. There are 2 different procedures that can be done. The first one is the one we chose to do and that is she has to put 3 different creams on her foot 4 times a day. Let me tell ya the creams were expensive, but worth it to have our daughter OK. The second procedure is a series of shots 12 total that they would do to kill it. We go back to the doctor in 2 weeks to see if the cream works. They took a picture and measured it so they will know for sure if it has gotten smaller or bigger. We were given a brochure on GA and it is caused by a reaction from her immune system. It is also a relationship to diabetes. We will have some blood work done in 2 weeks when we go back to rule out diabetes. She will be prone to these kinds of lumps, bumps, rashes whatever you want to call them the rest of her life. But when one shows up we just need to get the creams again. So that is our update on Sloane

Yesterday we took Tevin to the doctor and he was given an inhaler for Asthma. He has been having a lot of chest pains and has to stop often to catch his breath. So this afternoon I will take him in to get an x-ray done of his lungs. He has to take 2 puffs every 4 hours on his inhaler until his breathing and the tightness goes away then only will have to use it when he needs it.

Yesterday we also had some plumbing problems and called a handyman that we have hired in the past. Our water and plumbing is totally out of commission downstairs. No bathroom use or laundry can get done. He is suppose to come back today at 4 to finish fixing the problem we have with the water pump.

Then today my grandfather who lives here has been admitted into the hospital. He is in intensive care unit. He has been sick for a few days and then had a very high fever and had to rush him to the hospital. The update I have right now is that he has an infection of some kind that has taken over his entire body. My grandma said they are not sure yet where the cause of it all is coming from. So I am very worried about him.

On the brighter side of things. I weighed in last night and after a month of being at the same weight I finally lost 6.1 pounds in a week. WOOHOO.

Tonight is my last Stampin Up party I will do. I am quiting being a demonstrator. It will be hard to say goodbye to my clients. But I am burned out and I need to lighten my load and turn my focus more towards my family.

Anyway, that is our update. Thank you all for your prayers when we told you about Sloane. We are so relieved it was not worse. I actually had to stop and cry because I was so stressed out.
Thanks again. I am ready for the wind to blow this silver cloud away from my house.

8 comments:

Mark and Kellie said...

Thanks for the news. I guess you're not out of the woods yet, but it was nice to hear that they didn't have to cut on her. Give her big hugs from her Uncle Mark!

Steve and Kim said...

Glad to hear Sloanie didn't need to be cut. Emily sent her a video message. I guess all that stress is a good weight loss tool for you! We'll keep praying for her.

LJ said...

Oh, Krissy and Chris, what a week for you guys! I'm so sorry about all the stress that silver cloud has been bringing. I've been thinking about Sloane all day. I'm so glad she didn't have to have surgery, but I'm sorry she has to deal with that nasty skin condition. I REALLY hope it has nothing to do with Diabetes- as Dustin can assure you that's not fun. Give her hugs for me too! At least the other docs were there to assure you about the condition. Best of luck to Tevin and your grandpa too. Plumbing problems are annoying and expensive too. Keep smiling and I'm glad you were able to have a good cry. We all need that once in awhile. Congrats on the weight loss~ stress will do that! :)

Mom G said...

We, too, were relieved to hear about Sloane. Hope the creams work. What a strange thing to happen to such a little girl. Our prayers are with all of you.
Glad Tevin is getting help too. That must be so hard not to be able to breathe well. Tell him we love him.
And Grandpa - we surely hope he can recover. So happy the family was all together recently.
Hope the plumbing got fixed and you can get back to "normal" around there.
We love you all and are concerned but confident that the "cloud" will have a silver lining.

Meg said...

Way to hang in there! We learned about Grandpa from your blog, so thanks for posting. Congrats on the weight loss!

Rach n Adam said...

I hope that cream works on Sloane...sheesh! That stinks about the plumbing too! But I'm so excited for your weight loss!! YAY!!! Hope you get to go see grandpa soon! He seemed a little better last night.

Kollen Marchant said...

Wow, is all I can say. We will pray for things to lighten a bit over at your house. I'm glad sloane is good.

mariann and Tory said...

Dang! I am glad Sloan can use the cream to cure her foot! I hope everything gets better soon! You will be in our thoughts and prayers!