Thursday, July 30, 2009

Passing Days

I can't believe school is going to be starting in a little over two weeks. The summer went by fast. This week has been hard for the boys cause they are being youth missionaries and are unable to watch TV, listen to music, text, etc you get the idea. So I have to be creative with them. We spent all last evening playing games. Tonight they go to members houses and have dinner and teach a discussion. They were all assigned companions and they do this stuff together. They leave tomorrow to go to the open house of the temple up north. They are excited. I hope it is a real spiritual experience for them. Especially for Tevin since he is going through a lot right now, moved in with his dad and has nothing to do with me. I have missed him so deeply and hope his heart changes soon, but after having some guidance from a wonderful person I will listen to his advice. I also received a wonderful blessing from my bishop that I needed desperately. Thanks for all your prayers that you have sent my way. I appreciate them. I appreciate my husband for how moody I have been.

9 comments:

Annette said...

I can relate to how you feel with Tevin right now. Went through that as you know. They have to have their room to spread their wings and try something else to appreciate what they had. Part of growing up and maturing. He will see things clearly as he grows up and makes his own decisions. Hang in there. I know how it tears you up inside. I am glad you got a blessing. I needed a few during that time too. You have done all you can do, now trust the Lord and let it work out in his time frame.

Mark and Kellie said...

Sorry to hear that Tevin moved out! I hadn't known that. I agree with the poster above though. He needs to have some room to move right now and will hopefully stay true to the things you taught him.

Paige said...

What a neat experience for the boys. I'm sorry to hear about Tevin. I agree, I think Annette summed it up perfectly. Tevin has a fabulous mom and will come around. We love you!

Steve and Kim said...

What a neat experience to be a youth missionary. Sorry about Tevin. Must be so hard without your "little" boy - he's a good kid though, and will work through this!

Steve and Kim said...

We love you! We know how hard teens can be. Tevin seems like he has grown up (literally) so fast and that is sometimes not a good thing. He will be ok in the long run. We have faith that he will come around and realize what he has. You are wonderful and we know how hard you have tried.
MOM G - on Kim's account

Chelsi said...

I didn't realize that about Tevin--so sorry. I hope he can work things out quickly.
On a lighter note, unless my info is wrong, I think you just have a week until school starts. One week! Are you as excited as I am? :o)

LJ said...

Hey Krissy- thanks for the update. I'm sorry things have been so frustrating lately. The news about Tevin is sad to hear, but I am so glad you were given a beautiful blessing and it has given you hope and strength. I hope you know that you are in our prayers and how much we admire and love you as a sister-in-law/aunt! I can tell you that I married someone wonderful who "fell off the bandwagon" for a time, but because of his parents' consistent love and devotion to him throughout his life- and the morals and values his family taught him- he eventually came back and found himself again. Tevin will probably go through a similar thing, but he's only 14 and still has a lot of growing up to do. Time and experience will do that. I think you are doing a wonderful job as a mom and look up to you greatly. I wish I could give you a big hug right now!

LJ said...

Krissy

Take it from someone who rebelled completely against his mother. Tevin will realize how much he needs you and you him. This too shall pass. Tevin is a great kid far better than I was at his age. I will keep a prayer in my heart for you, Tevin, and the rest of your family.

From DJ

DJ Shanks said...

I'm slow to comment (as usual), but want you to know that you are in our prayers. I am not looking forward to the teen years and hope for a lot of advice from you when my turn comes! Hang in there--this is a tough time all around for you guys--just stay strong! All of your children are watching you and the way you handle it all. They will learn from it too and gain a great deal of admiration for you and your strength. Love you guys!