Sunday, April 5, 2009

General Conference Surprise

Well Saturday as we are watching the second session of General Conference they were calling brethren to new positions and we hear a name that we knew. Chris and I looked at each other and thank goodness for Tivo we rewound it for a minute and sure enough Chris' Uncle Larry M Gibson was called as 1st counselor to the General Young Men's presidency. We were so excited for him and surprised that Chris immediately called his parents in Illinois to make sure they heard the same thing we did. We all were surprised but then again not surprised cause he is a great man and is going to do a great job. He has such a way with people. Within the first 5 minutes of me getting to know him and his wife Shirley I loved them both. We want to tell him congrats and he will be in our prayers as he starts this new adventure in serving the church.

4 comments:

Mom G said...

What nice compliments for Larry and Shirley! They are wonderful and this calling will be perfect for Larry. He has had a lot of experience and has great people skills.
Glad you got to see Conference -it was wonderful, wasn't it.

TisforTonya said...

I heard that call - while tidying up in the other room and actually wondered if there was a connection - what a small world! (and congrats to the Uncle if he happens to pop by your blog!)

jillha said...

That is AWESOME!

LJ said...

I wish I could have seen the announcement live. He'll do a wonderful job and be a great strength to the young men's program.

I'm glad Tevin and Sloane are doing better and so is your Grandpa. He's such a good man and your sister was sweet to come out and help your grandma. Oh, and I'm glad you are able to do laundry again! As much as I hate laundry, it would probably be worse if I couldn't do it! I can't wait to see you guys in just one week!