Thursday, April 23, 2009

Home

Well, we arrived home safe and sound and had a wonderful time. Fell in love with Key West and also the Island Coco Kay in the Bahamas. I love white sand and blue water that is so clear. Chris loved snorkeling and I loved laying out and relaxing. Saw Iguanas the size of Holden and bigger. Enjoyed the food enough for me to gain 7 pounds, but I am also retaining a lot of water cause I got burned really bad on my ankles and I am so swollen and blistered it is very hard to walk. The weather was amazing. I hated to come home but Chris was ready to get back to work. Four days of relaxation is all Chris can handle. I will post our pictures this weekend.

Now I am preparing for Harrison's birthday party tonight. He is such a sweetheart. I can't believe he is now 13. He went to his dads yesterday which was his birthday and when he came home I asked how his day was and he said good. I asked what did his dad get him. He told me he couldn't tell me cause I would get mad. I was like come on tell me. He then proceeded to remove his hand from his ear and low and behold was an earring. I said what the HELL is that. He said dad said since I was a teenager now I could do it and I talked Chandler into doing it too. Chandler came in and there was an earring on him too. I felt my blood boiling. And the anger building. I was in the process of looking for my phone to rip their dad apart and I told Harrison and Chandler to get away from me. They then could see how upset I was and started laughing and said mom it is fake and pulled the earring off. It was a magnet earring. I was about to beat both of them. Chris gave them high fives for getting me and their dad was in on it too and was waiting for me to call him yelling. UUGGGGG!!!! I told them they better not ever get one cause I will rip it right out of their ear. They were laughing the rest of the night on behalf of my expense.

Anyway, stay tuned for photos.

10 comments:

Steve and Kim said...

Oh, that is TOO hilarious!!!! They sure know your buttons! Tell Harrison happy birthday! Wow, officially a teenager!

Paige said...

Wow, that was a good one! You didn't stand a chance against all of them!

Welcome home! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Paige said...

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Harrison!

Mom G said...

April Fools Day - a little late! What characters they are!!! Glad you had fun and are back. Heal quickly - that is so painful.

Jennw6kids said...

Sounds like you had a blast!! That is so awesome!! Ok that was also really stinkin funny!! LOL

Meg said...

Your vacation sounds wonderful (except for the sunburned part). I'm glad you were able to get some relaxation! Happy B-day to Harrison! Boys will be boys eh? You know, that earring story would be funny, except I had a premonition of what my future holds! LOL!

Mark and Kellie said...

Wow! I'm not sure I could have gone through with that if I saw how mad my mom was. Nice job, guys! Sorry Krissy. :-)

Looking forward to the cruise pictures. I got to talk to Chris about it and it sounds like we had similar experiences -- except of course for the part where I actually had to PAY for our cruise. :-(

LJ said...

That's SO FUNNY Krissy!! Ha! Ha! Krissy- I would have fallen for it too though. Imagine if it would have been a fake tattoo! :)

I hope Harrison had a sweet birthday. He is one cute and awesome kid. I can't believe he's 13 and when I met him he was only 5!

Chelsi said...

Oh, boy! I am so relieved for you. That was a pretty good trick. I hope your legs are okay!

TisforTonya said...

I know I shouldn't be laughing, but I am just a little :) Just glad it wasn't real - SOMEONE would have been dead I'm sure!

Glad you had fun - burned ankles sound miserable though!