Monday, April 13, 2009

An upset mother

Our Easter was very nice. Sloane and Holden had a blast. The boys went with their dad on Saturday night. When the boys got home I could see that they were not OK. I asked them how their Easter was and they said their dad didn't do anything for them. They woke up Easter morning and got their sisters all up and were waiting to look for baskets. Their dad came out and said they did baskets on Saturday for the girls. So the boys asked where theirs were and he said that he thought they were too old. As the boys were telling me I could see the hurt in their eyes and I was doing everything in my power not to cry. I went into the other room and gave them what I got which wasn't much just a chocolate bunny, gum and a Reese's egg. I gave each of them a hug and told them how sorry I was. I also told them I would make it up to them. I also told them no matter what Easter will be here for them every year. Even knowing it is the next day I am still so angry and hurting for them. I want to go up and snatch up the Easter stuff that's left and fill a basket for each of them.

OK I am done venting.

7 comments:

Mom G said...

We surely don't want our children to be hurt in any way - no matter how old they are. Hope that they got double - since things were probably half price today!

LJ said...

Oh, you are such a good mom to those sweet boys. How dumb that he thought they were "too old"... We did it until we left for college! I'm sure it was a damper for them on the holiday. I say do your own Easter for them- like Mom said- everything will be great prices!

See you guys tomorrow!!

Rach n Adam said...

Sheesh Adam and I still get baskets!! Poor guys!

TisforTonya said...

all of my commiserating was done earlier - so I don't need to say those words again right? Holidays don't end just because you're older, good for you to make it fun anyway...

ugh!

DJ Shanks said...

The silver lining in all this is that they know that you truly care and hurt for them when they are hurting. Also, I bet they are great dads someday and will ensure that the Easter Bunny comes EVERY year to their kids!! They'll have an understanding on how much it really does mean!

Kc said...

"He is not here: for he is risen" (Matthew 28:6)

At no time during the year is it more appropriate to commemorate the mission and atonement of the Savior than during the spring season.

"Nothing is more absolutely universal than the resurrection. Every living being will be resurrected, no single influence has had so great an impact on the earth as the life of Jesus the Christ, we cannot conceive of our lives without his teachings.


-President Ezra Taft Benson

Annette said...

That is too bad. You are never too old to celebrate Easter with at least something if not a whole big basket. I am sorry.