Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween

Well Wednesday night was our ward Halloween party that I put on. I was counting on maybe 150 people to show up and it ended up being over 200. We had a chili dinner then a carnival for the kids. People seemed to be enjoying themselves. Sloane, Holden and I were all in our pirate costumes and got many compliments how cute we all looked. Can I tell you when these ward parties are done with I come home so tired and sore from standing, running around, putting up tables and chairs and then cleaning up. I love my calling and I am already planning Christmas. I had parents mad at me for not having a trunk or treat this year and I will have some mad at me at our Christmas party because I will not have a Santa. I am glad the bishop supports me on these. I think if you want to see Santa go to the mall. In a church building it should be focused around Christ. I am going to do a Bethlehem theme. So hopefully it will all come together.

Anyway, kids are all in their costumes and ready to trick or treat, but they still have 3 hours to wait. I wish Holden knew how to tell time. He keeps on asking to go treat. Too cute. This will be the twins last year to trick or treat. Actually Tevin doesn't want to go but Chandler is and then they are done. Hope everyone has a happy and safe Halloween.

Oh by the way some of you are wondering about Holiday plans. We are staying her for Thanksgiving. I have family coming up. We will try to come to the Tanner Xmas party but not sure. We are still working out dates for Xmas with the boys. I have them Xmas day until new years (I think) but am not sure. I hope this helps

5 comments:

TisforTonya said...

Yay!!! (no Santa is just fine with me, and not just because my girls are afraid of him)

The party was a success - I don't understand those who are all put out... there are a million places to get candy! (and Q will live without using his big trunk dragon - really!)

Mom G said...

Bet you did look cute! Send some pictures sometime. Ward Activities Chairman - no one understands how hard that job is!
We will look forward to seeing you in Dec.!

Jennw6kids said...

I agree with you church is for christ!! Yes please post a pic of you in your costumes, oh and we need another get together!!

Steve and Kim said...

I bet it was a fun party! Our ward has really scaled down, so we don't do anything fun anymore! I can't wait to see your pics.

Mark and Kellie said...

Our ward Christmas party has always had a Santa, but I never really thought about it the way you described how Christmas in the church should be focused on Christ. I like that idea. Our girls have always been afraid of the "Church Santa" anyway. He and "Mrs. Claus" have always struck me as a bit odd, to tell you the truth.