Thursday, October 2, 2008

Time Flies

I can't believe it has been a week since my last post. A lot has happened during this time. On Thursday of last week at the boys football game, Tevin made a touch down. He jumped into the air and caught the ball between his legs and couldn't believe he caught it for one thing and then he started running as hard as he could and he could see the other team coming at him and he was yelling cause he didn't want to get tackled by them. Well he made the touchdown and then got tackled by his own team mates. This was a 60 yard touchdown and he was so excited and talked about it all night. He tells the story so much better and it makes you laugh. Well I missed the entire thing cause I was stuck in traffic on the freeway. I missed it by 2 minutes. I couldn't believe it. Chandler was the one that told me and he ended up finally playing the entire last quarter.

We then had my sister Heidi and her husband Allen and 3 of their kids come up for a quick weekend. Allen was called to be High Priest Group leader in his ward and wanted my grandfather to set him a part as a high priest. It was so neat to see my grandpa in a suit again. I can't remember when the last time was. It was a spiritual experience. My grandpa also announced that he would give patriarchal blessings again just to family members. I hope when the boys are ready he will still be around to do them. Allen ended up fixing our flood problem in our backyard. Now we can finally get all the weeds out of there and NO MORE FROGS!!! Thanks Allen. It was a fun visit.

I have been busy planning the ward Halloween party and doing science projects for kids and running here for this and here for that. Tevin just announced all his pants are too short and now we need to buy more. I think he is now 6'3 who knows. He wont sit still long enough for me to measure him. Well tonight is another football game and look forward to watching it. I think next week is their last game.

Kids have also made their Christmas lists and Tevin is so unrealistic. Everything on his list cost over three hundred dollars each except for the Electric Guitar he wants. I told him I was going to throw that list away and to try again. Chandler wants Chicago Bears stuff and an Iguana. Harrison a bass guitar and 2 cans of whip cream....gotta love it. Sloane's list consists of birthday and Xmas. She told me what I don't get her for her birthday to give the rest of her list to Santa...too cute.

My dad had fun calling me the other night to tell me the Dodgers are coming after my cubs. I said bring it on. yesterday we kept calling back and forth rubbing it into each other when our teams did well. Needless to say the Dodgers WON!! UGGG..My dad reminded me I was first a Dodgers fan. That is when I started to love baseball. I guess I kinda am rooting for both teams to do well. Hopefully the cubs will WIN tonight.

Today Holden and Landon(boy I babysit) decided to put Vics vapor rub in their hair. I have washed their hair 3 times and I still can't get it out. I am sure Holden was the instigator. I don't know how they found the jar. I thought I had it up high in the medicine cabinet. Anyway, my house smells like vics and it is making me sick.

5 comments:

TisforTonya said...

hmmm... maybe they are doing a pre-emptive strike against the lice outbreak? Sorry though - what a mess!

Steve and Kim said...

Congrats to Tevin and to Chandler! Though I don't enjoy watching football - it would be fun to watch them. Maybe you could download some video of them!

Mom G said...

Fun to hear from you and all the good news - minus the Vicks mess. What fun to hear about the football game. Hope tonight went well. Cubs are having a hard time again - what's wrong???

Mark and Kellie said...

Go Tevin & Chandler!! I'd love to watch you guys play. Go Holden!! Way to keep your parents on their toes. I'm kind of ignoring the Cubs game tonight. I'm sure glad they're going to come back and win the next three games. Otherwise, I'd be a bit frustrated right now.

Paige said...

Uh oh, Krissy, now Holden's recruiting other kids in his schemes!

Congrats Tevin and Chandler!