Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cruise

Well, it is for sure on from April 16-21 Chris and I are going on a cruise to the Bahamas. We are so excited. We haven't been on a cruise since Sloane was a baby. This time there will be no kids with us. Chris and I have needed just couple time for A LONG TIME. We are both going to lose a little extra weight so we can indulge ourselves in all the great food that are on the ship. We are going on a Royal Caribbean Cruise line. Chris' sister Lynn is going to come down with her kids and come and take care of Sloane and Holden. The boys will go with their dad. I would like to really thank Lynn for doing this for us. We will return the favor whenever it is needed.

Anyway, nothing new is going on. I can't believe there is a little over 3 months of school left. The year has gone by really fast. I do have to tell you what Holden said yesterday. I was folding the laundry and he came in asking what I was doing and I told him I was folding clothes. He looked at the pile and noticed it was his clothes. He examined a pair of his pants and then smelled them. He then jumped in my arms and gave me a hug and a kiss and said "good job mom." I am glad that someone appreciates my laundry skills.

7 comments:

Jennw6kids said...

That is so awesome!! I am so happy for you. It feels so good to go get rejuvinated and come back stronger as a couple and ready to be better parents for it!!

Mark and Kellie said...

How exciting! Sounds like the same cruise Mark and I went on last summer. You'll have a wonderful time!

van Zwol Family said...

Have fun!! And that's cute what Holden said - mom's need to know they are appreciated and doing a good job!

Mark and Kellie said...

Mark said: Wow! Now I'm jealous and want to go again. Probably not for a while though. We were on "Majesty of the Seas." Which one are you on, and how many days/ports are there on your cruise. Maybe we can fill you in on what we liked/didn't like.

Mom G said...

Wish we could have had the kids out here while you went. That is great that they will have fun Aunt Lynnie to take care of them. She will make it an adventure. It will be a good time for the cousins to get to know each other better. Glad to are able to go.
Holden, come over to Grandma's house and smell my laundry!! That was precious.

Meg said...

Sweet! We want to go on another cruise! Hope you have a blast! I love Holden's compliment to you - very cute!

Our Family: Forrest,Carla and Apryl said...

well....I am jealous..I heard the Bahamas is beautiful, have a great trip