Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sloane's Talk

I think Krissy is in the process of putting together a blog describing her trip to Disneyland with her sisters but I thought I would post the talk Sloane gave today in Primary.

Here's a note from Sloanie;

Hi, this is my talk and I hope you like it. I love you all and I can't wait to see you whenever. Do you think what I said about having NO sisters was funny? All the kids laughed! And I mentioned all of you in my talk.


Good morning Boys and Girls. My talk today is about families. I love my family very much. I have a Dad and a Mom and 4 brothers and NO sisters.

I’m so glad that I was born into my family and I know my family loves me very much. Heavenly Father sent his Son Jesus Christ to die for us so that we can return to live with him as a family. I’m thankful for Heavenly Father and Jesus and I love them very much. I know that we can be together forever as a family because of them.

I also have other family members that I love very much. I have Grandpa’s and Grandma’s and aunts and uncles and cousins and we all have so much fun together. I’m so glad that if we do what is right we can all be together again and live with Heavenly Father.

Heavenly Father wants all of his children to return to him someday and he wants them to be part of a family.

I know the Church is true and I love Jesus and my family very much. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

4 comments:

Mom G said...

Great talk, Sloanie! We loved reading it and also talking with you tonight. Glad that you love Heavenly Father and Jesus and also your family. They are very important. Thank you for letting us read the talk. We love you!

Paige said...

Good job, Sloane! I wish we had been there to see you give your talk. We love you!

Mark and Kellie said...

Wonderful, Sloane!! Although I was hoping you'd mention your favorite uncle by name. Good job though!

Steve and Kim said...

Loved the talk, Sloanie! We love having you as a cousin/niece too!