Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday Ugg

Well Friday night at Barnes and Noble was very interesting. I have never been to a premiere for a book and couldn't believe how many people were there. Sadly to say there are too many my age obsessed with Edward. I heard one lady say she had an erotic dream about Edward and went and talked to her bishop about it. I rolled my eyes and my friend Tonya and I couldn't believe how older women were acting. There were people dressed up as vampires but I thought it was stupid since the Cullen clan in the book are not your Gothic vampires. We ended up leaving at 11pm and got our book the next morning at Costco at a cheaper price.

Saturday Chris watched the kids so I could go out to Sloane's school and put in some volunteer hours. It was a nice break. Sunday morning were couldn't wait to go to church and hear Chris being called to High Council. A gentlemen behind us told Chris congrats and said we would miss him in the ward. The boys came to last hour of our block and we then went and had Chris set apart. Holden was horrible, climbing in the stake presidents chair, laying under his desk, repeating what was being said in the prayer. I was embarrassed. Chris is over the pine view ward, over relief society, trains the elder quorum presidencies, stake calender, institute and other stuff I can't remember. He is very excited. He starts his training Tuesday night. I forgot to mention that during our sacrament meeting I asked Chris if he was going to bare his testimony. He told me no because he would have plenty of opportunities to do it, but I looked at him and said but not with me in the congregation. He did bare his testimony and it was wonderful.

Being stupid as I am I haven't worn my wedding ring for sometime due to the weight gain. But I had lost some weight and I made my wedding ring go on and now I can't get it off and my finger in tingling and is swollen. I have tried soap and oil. I am not sure what else to do. I should have waiting before putting it on again. Sloane is having a blast with Landon who I babysit. Holden is a little selfish with his toys right now. Hopefully he will get over it.

The boys are gone one more week and then I will have them back and be back on the normal schedule. Can't wait.

5 comments:

TisforTonya said...

try spraying or soaking your finger in Windex... don't ask why it works, but it seems to... of course it still hurts like the Devil, but hey, better that than losing a finger!

congrats to Chris by the way - that seems like the perfect thing for him... I guess I have to stop saying "dry council" though.

Mom G said...

Hope all the Edward lovers got their thrill. Crowds can make people do things that they ordinarily wouldn't! Sounds like you and your friends were the sane ones. Hope the book lives up to the hype!

Mark and Kellie said...

How strange that people dressed up like that. Even I know the Cullens' family doesn't look like that -- and I'm a guy! Can't say that I've had any strange dreams either. That's really funny that the woman told everyone of her confession!!

Steve and Kim said...

My friend had a Twilight party a couple of days before the book came out. I couldn't believe all the ladies in the ward that came and were also obscessed! I really had no idea there was such hype about it all. I am anxious to read the final book someday though. Congrats again to Chris - I hadn't thought about the fact that he wouldn't be attending church with you much any more. Good luck in sacrament meeting with Holden.

The Isoms said...

It is a little odd how grown women are reacting to the Twilight books. I have read them and am excited to start Breakingdawn, but I just can't help but laugh when I hear those stories of people dressing up and having dreams?! Just a little ODD.