Saturday, August 9, 2008

Olympics

I don't know about anyone else but I thought the opening ceremonies of the Olympics was amazing. China sure does know how to put on a show. Of course the boring part is always when the athletes march in because it takes forever but everything else was beautiful. Other countries are going to have a hard time when it comes to their turn to host.

I have been watching the US women's volleyball play this morning. I love volleyball. I miss playing. Chris is looking forward to the track and field. We always look forward to the games.

Holden went to bed last night at 7:30 then woke up at 3:30am wide awake. So we watched cartoons and I did work on his laptop and then Holden finally went back to sleep around 6am and was up again at 9. I am tired. Sloane we let her stay up to watch the opening ceremonies and she fell asleep after the US marched in. She tried so hard to stay up for it all.

Anyway, have a great weekend and enjoy the Olympics to those who watch. I need to hit Costco and walmart before they get too busy to get school lunch stuff.

2 comments:

Mom G said...

I agree that the ceremonies were amazing! I am amazed that little Sloane was able to stay up to watch most of it. I kept dozing and missed the US when they marched in!

TisforTonya said...

I can't believe I didn't run into you at CostCo and WalMart since that's where I spent my entire morning... and part of the afternoon :(

I went to sleep after the US walked in too... it was getting mighty late... Sloane's a trooper! We'd been in Cedar so we missed most of the show - I'll have to catch the highlights online :)