Friday, August 1, 2008

Home Safe

It is Friday afternoon and we just got home from Vegas. Chris was very busy but the kids and I enjoyed buffets and the pool. Did a little shopping too. The kids were very well behaved. YES EVEN HOLDEN!!! I know a shocker. Glad to be home. Vegas wears on ya after awhile. I need to get a nap in before I go with some friends to Barnes and Noble tonight at midnight to get the 4Th book of the "Twilight" series by Stephanie Myers.

Chris is relaxing on the couch watching a cubs game, Holden is in my bed watching cartoons, Sloane is pacing around the house waiting for a friend to call her back and I am checking my blog and doing orders for Chris. I just want to lay back and relax.

Some of you have asked me about my babysitting job. It is for a lady in our ward. I will be doing it 4 days a week for a 14 month old little boy 5 hours each day. I am hoping it will be good for Holden to have a friend especially when Sloane starts school in a week. I might try and find another child to babysit, but we will see.

Well my sister just called so I better run. Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Mom G said...

Glad you are home safely and that the kids were good. Can't believe that they start school in a week! Here it is hot and humid. We are enjoying Kim & girls and will see Steve in a little while. He is coming back to drive back our 99 Toyota. We got a new 09 Toyota! I will put pics on our blog soon. Exciting!
Have fun with the vampires!

LJ said...

Going to Vegas so often sounds so much fun! It is probably so fun for the kids to see the sights too. Maybe all the excitement is helping Holden be better behaved? :) I'm glad you traveled safely and things are going well. Enjoy your new Twilight book! I haven't even read the first- but I do plan on seeing the movie! I'm sure Holden will love having a friend to play with while you babysit. I love when my kids play with their friends and give me a little break from doing all the entertaining! I will be thinking about you guys tomorrow when Chris is set apart. I'm so happy for you and know you will be blessed.

DJ Shanks said...

Good to hear from you - again! I guess I need to get on the ball and write a blog now. It sounds like things are going well and that you will be busy! You sure are a blessing in the life of that mother. Her son will be in good hands and she can feel good about leaving him with you! I know she appreciates you. Take care and good luck with everything!