Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thanks

I want to thank everyone for their comments about Landon who I babysit. The other day I let him cry for an hour and I gave in and shouldn't have. But my nerves were shot. At least I had Holden in the other room sound a sleep with the sound machine on so he didn't hear anything. I will try and not give in today.

Last night was back to school night and I was at a table for the PTA trying to get memberships and this great guy came up to join who was so funny and was having a ball embarrassing his kids. I was busting up laughing. I told the kids he had a cool dad and they rolled their eyes at me, but anyway he looked at my name tag and asked if I was related to the Gibson's up north. I asked him if he meant Larry and Shirley and he did. I said yes that they were my aunt and uncle in laws if that was such a word and he said that they were his aunt and uncle too. I was so surprised. His name is Chuck Barton. I couldn't believe what a small world we live in. Sloane goes to school with one of Tony and Amy's nieces on Amy's side of the family.

Anyway, Chuck related a story to me that happened a couple weeks ago at a family reunion they had at Larry's. Keep in mind Chuck is completely balled and he was taking pictures of what was going on and Tony's little girl I believe is Morgan the 4 year old came up to chuck and asked him why he had cracks in his head. He then turned around and showed me the little lines he had on the back of his head. We both laughed and Larry got a kick out of the story.

The twins got their football uniform and they look pretty dang cute if I do say so myself. They said I can take a picture today of them to put on our blog. I hate the fact that the twins don't like me to take very many pictures of them anymore.

2 comments:

Chelsi said...

So, you're related to Chuck Barton? He's a good guy. Funny story about Chris--nice to know you don't have to worry about those two hitting on him. ;o)

Mom G said...

Better watch out - relatives are everywhere! The Barton family is huge so you may run into more of them.
Cute post!