Friday, August 29, 2008

All in one evening

I wanted to get this down for posterity's sake. Actually, this information will be used to embarrass Holden one day in front of his fiancee; we'd like to give her one last chance to backout!

Here's how Holden spent his evening tonight;

1 - threw-up all over the floor
2 - dumped 6 tubs of Crystal Light on our bed
3 - squeezed an entire tube of toothpaste all over the bathroom floor and then threw the tube in the toilet
4 - dumped my liquid shoe polish all over our semi new carpet and then used it to finger paint all over the walls.
5 - scribbled all over our bed spread.

Keep in mind, he didn't do this all at once; we would clean up one mess, get Holden in trouble, only to discover another mess not long after. Additionally, a few days ago Holden emptied about 1/4 of a box of tide all over the downstairs. On the bright side, the basement doesn't smell like teenage boys anymore! Needless to say, Krissy is fit to be tied and so I volunteered to keep Holden away from her for the rest of the night.

I'm sure I'll laugh about this tomorrow (Krissy may take longer!) but he is sure tough to deal with sometimes. Anyway, hope all is well with everyone else.

6 comments:

Mom G said...

Quick, go check your phone to see if Holden has been texting Braydon!

Steve and Kim said...

Funny, mom. What a stinker!! Looks like he needs a creative/messy outlet! Right now I'm hoping for another girl.

Paige said...

Wow. I agree with Mom, has he been talking to Braydon? I like how you looked on the bright side and now your basement smells better! Good luck.

Mark and Kellie said...

So . . . it's Saturday night. Are you laughing yet? I'm sorry to say this, but it was hilarious to read this account of his actions!! I'd probably be reacting like Krissy if it were at our house though.

LJ said...

Braydon has a new best friend! Can you imagine them together as teenagers someday?! Yikes- this sounds all too familiar. What awful messes that sound no fun at all to clean up. So sorry! I feel for you guys. Little boys keep us hopping and are a LOT of work. But they are pretty adorable- thank goodness. I say take him straight to the ADHD doctor when he turns three (the age they are old enough to take medicines). I've learned that this behavior isn't their fault because of a chemical imbalance in their brains- like a non-stop motor that they can't control. He's unleashing his impulsive nature and curiosity to the world- and unfortunately it causes lots of messes. I liken it to having a Curious George on Red Bull in the house! :) It's insanely hard to deal with and very frustrating and challenging when it's happening 24/7. I am so happy there are medicines out there to help- they have made a WORLD of difference in our Braydon. In the mean time, keep writing these down- they are good blackmail someday!

TisforTonya said...

that SO reminds me of Po... of course THAT comparison probably scares you to death... so I take it back - hope you're removed enough from the situation to have a little laugh!