Friday, September 5, 2008

Same old thing

Well I have semi calmed down from our horrible day with Holden last week. I still get worked up a little every time I walk into my room and see my stained carpet. Things have been pretty much the same. The twins have played 2 football games and have lost both. Tevin played in both games, but Chandler has not played yet. The coach told him when he can tackle someone during practice he will put him in the game. I was mad, he can't be any worse then the kids he is putting into the game. I hate it when they ignore the smaller boys. Chris agrees with the coach.
We told Chan to pretend he was tackling Tevin when he has made him mad and he will do fine. Tevin is banged up. He has a sore neck, scratches and bruises all over, but is loving it. He gets sympathy from his now back on girlfriend.

I went to SEP at Sloane's school and she is doing very well. She is at second grade level in everything but reading. The teacher says give her a month and her reading is going to sore. On the first day of school they had the kids do a spelling test and Sloane was the only one that got all 15 spelled correctly. She is also one of 3 in her class that can write complete sentences. Needless to say we didn't work with her over the summer. I am impressed with how much she remembered from last year. We are just going to work harder on reading.

Anyway, Chris is in Vegas and will be home late tonight. I better go get all the laundry put away on my bed to he will have a place to sleep.

4 comments:

Miss Kim said...

How can you stand watching your boys tackle and be tackled?! Sounds rough. I'm proud of Sloanie! Looks like you've been playing around with your template - looks very fall-ish!

Mom G said...

You aren't giving up on the Cubs, are you? Just because they are losing tonight - 10 to 2 and this will be 6 games in a row that they have lost! What happened?
Anyway, good to hear from you again. Sloane is a smartie and will do well. Hope those boys make it through the season. And we hope Holden is behaving himself this week. He did enough damage last week for quite a while. But he is cute anyway.

Mark and Kellie said...

Re: Mom's comment -- Fortunately, the Brewers have been losing too . . . until tonight. Doh!! I haven't given up on them yet though. But hey, there's always next year.

Krissy - Sounds like a ton of fun at your house. Sloanie is sure a smart girl. Give 'em all hugs from me -- even the boys. Tell Tevin I've got to approve of his girlfriend and that he needs to blog a picture of them.

TisforTonya said...

Having Chandler think of Tevin (in the angry moments) when tackling sounds like good advice... he'll get in there!