Sunday, September 7, 2008

Cubs!

Ya, I had to change our blog. The cubs are wearing on me, after being in a rut. They won last night but then lost today. Oh well. But my ringer on my cell phone is the song "go cubs go" what they sing after a ball game when they win. So I am still rooting for them. I am ready for fall and needed to change things. I don't have the patience to look around for a cute template so this will have to do. Unless someone else would like to look for one for me....hint...hint

Holden has behaved this week, thank goodness. Today was the day we finally are taking the bottle away. He usually has 10 a day, but today it will only be one at bedtime. I have to say he has done surprisingly well. When he asks for it I just tell him he is a big boy now and when it is dark outside he can have one. Since he hasn't had milk all day he has been eating meals. I am hoping after 3 days I will take the bottle away at bedtime too. Then we will start the potty training next month before it gets too cold.

I finally took Sloane to see Mama Mia yesterday. She kept on leaning over in the movie telling me "I know this song and this one too" I could see her dancing in her seat. She came home and couldn't get the music out of her head. We bought her a MP3 player for her birthday and I will have Chris put the music on it for her as well as Sound of Music. I think she watched that movie about 4 times last week. She also thinks her dad looks like Peirce Bronson because their hair is the same and they dress the same. I thought that was cute.

I am fighting another cold. I hate it when school starts and all the sicknesses come home. My first one was from Sloane and this one is from Tevin. Anyway, TA TA for now.

3 comments:

Steve and Kim said...

Good luck with the bottle and potty training. That's a big step and a pain to go through, but nice when it's done!

Grandma G. said...

Good to hear from you! We do wish you the best with Holden's steps to being a big boy. He will do fine. What a character! We heard about his latest adventure. You should blog about that too!

Mark and Kellie said...

I was really hoping this September would be stress-free when it came to the Cubbies. Fortunately, the Brewers are losing just as often as the Cubs are. I know October will be crazy. I just hope the Cubs are out of their rut by then and that they're still in the running by then.