Sunday, September 21, 2008

Chris' BIrthday

Well I think Chris had a good birthday. He spent the day preparing and going over his talk that he has to give this morning. We gave him his gifts in the morning which were a briefcase for his church stuff (from the boys and I) Sloane got him a wallet to hold all his business cards, Holdon bought him sock...lol. And I still need to make him an angel food cake.

Last night I planned a dinner at a restaurant called Iggy's and had a some of Chris' friends from Learnkey meet us there with their wives. There was about 9 of us all together. We had so much fun and I haven't laughed so hard in all my life. Our friend Jolene and I were in term oil a little bit because our other friend Scott use to be a partner with Tai Pan Trading. We were devastate when we heard that one. He gave up his share because he thought it wasn't going to grow anymore. Well look at it now. We were giving him a guilt trip and teasing him at how much money he would have now if he wouldn't of left the company. Oh well. We were there from 5:30-9:00. We were having so much fun chatting we lost track of time. We all haven't been together like this for about 4 years. It was a blast and I know Chris had a good time. We hated to end it but Chris had to get back on his talk. But our friend Ken and I put in the word for Chris to be sung to and sure enough they did. Chris got a little red and I ate his dessert they gave him because it was too chocolaty.

Ken made a comment to our group last night how they may all hate the bosses of learnkey, but look at how they have brought all of us together and this kind of friendship we all have will never die. So ken thanked them(the boss) for bringing us all together. There ate only 2 of our group still left at learnkey and it is a little better company to work for now.

Well that is how Chris spent his birthday. Thanks for the phone calls and emails he received yesterday.

3 comments:

Mom G said...

Sounds like a great time. It is wonderful to have friends as a couple also and it sounds like you have some good ones.
Chris, your "twins" were at church today and I wished them a happy birthday. Pres. Watson says he wants to give you a big hug sometime. He surely thinks a lot of you. And Kristin was visiting from Iowa. She looks great - had her hair done cute. She is expecting # 7. They have such a nice family.

Steve and Kim said...

Happy b-day, Chris!!! Glad your family makes it so fun!

Kollen Marchant said...

Hey, I'm so glad you posted on my blog. I didn't know you had one. Now I can feel like I know what is going on with your life. It looks like things are getting busier with kids in football and all of that fun stuff. Happy Birthday Chris. - Kollen