Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Curried Chicken

I am in a cooking club and we exchange meals every Tuesday. Well this week I made a dish that Chris and I just love and it is Curried Chicken. Well the 3 people who had it this week all called me and told me how much they loved it and their family wished they had more. Well I thought I would share the recipe with all of you.

Curried Chicken

2 T Butter
1 can of Cream of Chicken soup
1 apple peeled and finely chopped
1 onion finely chopped
2 tsp curry powder
2 cups of chicken cooked and diced
1 12 oz can evaporated milk ( I sometimes will use coconut milk)
1 cup shredded carrots, peas, potato's these are all optional if you would like to add to the sauce

Saute apple and onion in butter until onion is clear. Add curry and saute for one more minute. Add soup, milk and chicken (if adding veggies add them at this time as well). Simmer on love heat for 20 minutes, until onion and apple are tender and sauce is thickened. (You can add up to 1/2 cup regular milk for a thinner sauce). Serve over hot rice.

Since I am on Weight Watchers, I use Fat Free Soup and Evaporated Milk. I hope you try it and let me know what you think.

0 comments: