Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Scare of loosing photos

Well today I was having fun putting pictures on our blog. Our camera is broken so I was putting my SD card in another digital camera and when I did that an error message came up and deleted half my pictures. I tried finding them by putting my SD card in my computer and couldn't find them. I had my friend Tonya over and she called her brother to see if he knew what to do. I was missing all pictures from June till now. Well I decided to go to Costco and see if my card would work on their computer and it didn't. I asked to speak to someone who knew a thing about cameras and let me tell ya Shane was my life savor. He told me when you take pictures on one brand of camera and then put your card into another brand the other camera will have a hard time formatting the pictures. I took the pictures on a HP camera and then put the card into a Kodak one and the Kodak couldn't read the pictures. Well Shane spent an hour on the computer at Costco and was able to retrieve my 694 pictures from the card and burn them to 2 Cd's. The pictures were not restored back onto the card but at least I have a hard copy of them now.

I owe Shane so much. I was in tears and sick to my stomach. But now I am fine. I will not do that again.

4 comments:

Paige said...

Yay Shane! I'm so glad you didn't lose them--that's one of my worst fears!

TisforTonya said...

I'm thinking they really ought to let people know not to switch SD cards between cameras... SOOO happy it all worked out though! I'll have to buy my next camera from Shane :)

Chelsi said...

Yay for Shane! And, yay for Costco! I knew I loved that place. That's good to know about that...I will have to log that away for future use.

Mark and Kellie said...

Well . . . seeing as I don't even know what an SD card is, I'll bet I start losing photos to. Time to Google it.